Peaches, plums, nectarines, pluots, apricots—no one does tree fruit better than Moonlight. The perfect summertime snack, Moonlight tree fruits are juicy, sweet and bursting with flavor. We offer everything from super sweet white flesh peaches and nectarines to tropical flavored pluots. Bring a rainbow of color, aroma and taste to your kitchen with Moonlight tree fruit, available May through September.
MOONLIGHT BRAND IS CALIFORNIA’S FINEST TREE FRUIT. HERE’S HOW TO ENSURE IT’S PERFECTLY RIPE:
1. Remove any plastic packaging and place the fruit in a small paper bag.
2. Close the bag loosely and leave it at room temperature, away from heat or sunlight. This speeds up the natural ripening process.
3. Check for ripeness by placing fruit in the palm of your hand and gently squeezing. If it gives to light pressure and smells sweet and delicious, it’s ready to eat!
4. When fruit has reached the ripeness you prefer, remove it from the bag and dig in! Or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Moonlight table grapes are a fun and healthy treat for the whole family. We grow red, green and black seedless grapes, each cluster full of beautiful plump fruit just exploding with flavor. Moonlight table grapes come from vines in the San Joaquin Valley—the grape capital of the world. Picture endless rows of lush vineyards filled with bunches upon bunches of Moonlight table grapes. That’s our idea of heaven. Moonlight table grapes are available from July to December.
A SIMPLE GUIDE TO BUYING, STORING, AND EATING TABLE GRAPES:
Look for clusters of grapes with green, pliable stems and plump berries. Don’t dismiss the grapes with a powdery white coating on them. That’s called bloom and it helps protect the berries from moisture and decay.
During your grape selection process you’ll be faced with a decision. Do you go green, red, or blue-black? Hey, why not try them all? You really can’t go wrong.
Storing Table Grapes
Grapes are a hearty fruit that can keep for up to two weeks when handled properly. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be able to enjoy every berry on the bunch:
• Refrigerate grapes to maximize shelf life.
• Store grapes unwashed. Rinse just before serving or adding to a recipe.
• Grapes are indeed a berry, and tend to absorb odors. Keep them away from the more pungent fridge dwellers such as green onions or leeks.
Put the Freeze on ’em
It’s a little known fact, but grapes are delicious when frozen. Wash and dry fresh grapes, then lay them out on a tray and freeze them. Once they’re good and frozen, transfer them to an airtight container and store in the freezer. These frozen berries will be ready to be enjoyed for up to three months. Eat them right out the freezer, but don’t thaw them again, they won’t have much snap.
AN EASY WAY TO GET THE ARILS OUT OF A POMEGRANATE
1) Cut off the top, score along each section of the pomegranate.
2) Gently pry open the pomegranate.
3) Loosen the arils from the white membrane.
4) Place in strainer or colander. Enjoy!
Storage and Handling Tips:
Whole pomegranates can be stored for a month in a cool, dry area or refrigerated up to two months. Arils can be frozen in an airtight bag for up to one year. Fresh juice should be refrigerated and used within two to three days.
California is known worldwide for its juicy and delicious citrus crop, nearly all of which come from the Central Valley. Moonlight citrus groves are located in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada—the perfect growing region thanks to its ideal soil and climate. We grow sweet and juicy navel oranges, tangy and versatile lemons, and snackable, easy-to-peel mandarins. Moonlight citrus isn’t just good, it’s good for you—packed with vitamin C and other anti-oxidants. Mooonlight citrus is at its ripest September through March.
Cuties now come from Moonlight orchards!
Moonlight is pleased to announce a new partnership with everyone’s favorite snack fruit, Cuties! Many of those juicy little super sweet clementines you know and love will now come directly from our Central California orchards. Moonlight and Cuties, two names synonymous with freshness and quality, now together!
A “Cuties® Standard” exists within our extensive operation to ensure that superior quality goes into each and every box we pack. Each piece of fruit goes through a rigorous inspection to ensure a good eating quality, high sugar levels and minimal seed content, to be sure it satisfies the grade requirements so that it can be packed under the Cuties® brand. So rest assured you will enjoy an excellent tasting piece of fruit every time!
• Citrus will last much longer under refrigeration and can be stored in the refrigerator crisper drawer for up to 2 weeks. Temperatures from 35 degrees Fahrenheit to 50 degrees Fahrenheit are best.
• Citrus can be stored unrefrigerated in a cool, dry place for approximately four to five days if kept out of bright sunlight.
• Do not wash citrus fruits prior to storing them. Residual moisture can result in spoilage or mold growth.
• Plastic bags or film-wrapped trays should not be used for storing citrus. When airtight, drops of moisture may form between the film and the citrus peel, promoting mold growth.
• Juiced citrus can be poured into a plastic container and then placed in the freezer.
• Try pouring fresh squeezed lemon juice in ice cube trays. Once frozen you can store the cubes in zipper freezer bags for later use.
Follow these simple storage and ripening tips to get every ounce of pleasure from your purchase!
• Mighties™ kiwifruit may be a lot of things — fuzzy, funny-looking, delicious, delightful — but “delicate” they’re not. They’ll keep for several days at room temperature and up to four weeks in your refrigerator. (They can even be held in commercial storage for over 10 months … but don’t try that at home!)
• If your kiwifruit’s a little firm and you’re getting anxious to eat it, try this: Place it in a vented plastic bag with an apple or a banana and leave it out on the counter for a day or two. It should ripen right up!
• Press the outside of the fruit with your thumb. If it gives to slight pressure, the kiwifruit is ripe. If it doesn’t give to pressure, it’s not ready to eat. Simple as that.
Enjoying your kiwifruit is Mightie easy.
There’s no “right” or “wrong” way to eat Mighties™ kiwifruit. Most people find that slicing and scooping is a good way to get the most from their kiwifruit. Using a sharp knife, slice the kiwifruit lengthwise to create two identical halves. Then use a spoon to scoop the sweet, delicious meat of the kiwifruit from each half. Looking for maximum fiber and nutrition? Don’t throw that skin away! It’s loaded with nutrients and fiber, so rinse it off and bite right in!
Did you know you eat the skin of a kiwifruit?
Absolutely! The kiwifruit skin is completely edible and makes this nutrient-dense fruit even more nutritious! A recent study shows that eating the skin triples the fiber intake compared to merely eating the flesh. And by not peeling the skin, you preserve much of the vitamin C content as well. People all over the world have been eating the skin for centuries with no complaints. And many find that leaving the skin on their sliced kiwifruit makes it much easier for snacking, as the skin holds each slice together.
Just like any fresh fruit or vegetable, we suggest that you wash the skin before eating. So enjoy your Mighties™ kiwifruit, skin and all!
Moonlight Companies is a California farming company based in Reedley, CA. We are situated in the heart of California’s San Joaquin Valley, the agricultural epicenter of the world.
We are committed to growing, packing, and delivering only the freshest, sweetest, juiciest fruits possible. That’s why we have partnered with a select group of growers who share our values.
Moonlight fruit comes from vineyards, orchards and groves located primarily along the Kings River and stretching throughout three Central California counties. Just like us, our partners are stewards of the land, using sustainable farming techniques while growing the most flavorful varieties you’ll find anywhere.
The Moonlight quality control process begins at the source—our orchards. All of our fruit is hand-picked and gently placed in heat-resistant plastic totes. While this meticulous method may take a little longer, it’s cleaner and safer than other harvesting techniques, plus it prevents bruising. All of our growers carefully monitor their crops to ensure Moonlight fruit is picked at the scientific peak of ripeness. It’s just part of our commitment to quality, and you’ll taste it in every bite.
This isn’t your grandfather’s packing shed. Moonlight Companies is home to a multi-million dollar, state-of-the-art packing facility. This fully-automated operation helps us quickly and efficiently package all of our fruits in order to get them to your table at the peak of ripeness. We go to extremes to ensure the facility remains spotless at all times, and we use the most stringent safety protocols to ensure our employees are always working in a safe and comfortable environment.
Below are all of our locations nationwide to serve our customers. Please, feel free to call us with questions or concerns. We look forward to hearing from you while we continue to change the world one fruit at a time.
17719 East Huntsman
Reedley, CA 93654
Corporate Office Tel: (559) 638-7799
Corporate Office Fax: (559) 638-7199
Shipping Tel: (559) 638-7799 (opt.1)
California Sales Tel: (559) 637-7799
Maryland Sales Tel: (410) 796-9077
Sales Fax: (559) 637-7199
Our Plant Locations:
Since 1918, the Moonlight family of companies have delivered the finest fruits from California’s heartland to customers around the globe.
Quality, consistency, and freshness are the hallmarks of Moonlight. Pioneers in fruit packing and delivery, we’ve struck a fine balance between environmentally responsible farming practices, dedication to a safe and comfortable working environment, and ongoing investments in the latest technologies. These elements, combined with good old fashioned hard work, allow us to give you the freshest, juiciest fruits delivered to your table at the peak of ripeness.
Fruit is our focus: peaches, nectarines, plums, pluots, table grapes, oranges, lemons, mandarins and pomegranates to be exact. These are the staples of Moonlight. With nearly a century of experience growing, packing, and delivering them, we know these fruits better than anyone else.
Fresh, flavorful, sweet and juicy. That’s a Moonlight fruit. Try it for yourself and see what we’re made of.
Moonlight Companies is awarded the prestigious Weis Markets’ Strategic Partnership Award for 2014.
Receiving this award would not have been possible without the talent and dedication of the Weis produce department team members and their dedication to their valued customers. The Moonlight Companies are proud to be an intergral component of this team, making our relationship with Weis markets a truly strategic one.
Getting the freshest fruits from our orchards to your table isn’t easy. We just make it look that way. How do we do it? By consistently investing in the latest technology to help us efficiently streamline our operations. From computerized fruit sorting and automated packing systems to high-volume bagging machines and real-time inventory monitoring, we’ve got all the latest tools to help us give you the most flavorful, juiciest fruits under the moon!
At Moonlight, we are stewards of the land we farm and the people we serve. We enjoy sharing the fruits of our labor with charitable organizations who make our world a better place to live. Moonlight has partnered with a variety of non-profit organizations that support important causes we believe in.